At the moment, there’s just an apple so – here’s a progression of apples.
I’ve used just four colours: cadmium red, cadmium yellow, violet, and cadmium green, (all student grade Royal & Langnickel so not very pigment dense) along with just one brush, a Royal & Langnickel size 6 which is soft, flat, and not very large so ok for A4 size and the little bit of detail I want to trickle in. After letting it dry a little, I added more colour from the same palette then scraped lines into the wet paint with a pebble (a Catalyst W-01).
I think it’s beginning to look a little too round and more like a lantern than an apple. I’ll take another run at it tomorrow – Apple.v.2!
17th April. So now I’ve made a Christmas tree ornament and a plum ghost.